The union of technology and automobiles is ushering in a new era of connected and intelligent cars. These super smart cars come equipped with extraordinary features that were until now only a figment of our imagination.
At some point in life, many of us have wished that a crack in our car bonnet would simply disappear, but, of course, never thought it possible. Well, think again. Lamborghini’s Terzo Millennio has the ability to conduct its own health monitoring to detect cracks and damages in its substructure derived from accidents. If it suffers damage, a self-repairing process starts via micro-channels filled with healing chemistries, reducing to zero the risks of small cracks propagating further in the carbon fiber structure.
The functionality of your car is important but you and your family's safety is priceless. With this in mind, at the Smart City Expo World Congress, SEAT is exhibiting the SEAT Leon Cristobal, the safest car in the history of the brand. This ‘guardian angel’ concept car is equipped with six advanced safety assistants whose functions can contribute to reducing the main causes of road accidents, such as distractions, drowsiness, speeding or alcohol consumption. These factors are currently the cause of 80% of all traffic accidents.
The Leon Cristobal is equipped with the following functions:
- Drive-lock: this system features a built-in breathalyser and blocks the car if a positive reading is given.
- Drive-coach: a voice assistant that enables the safety warnings to be completely personalised.
- Guardian angel mode: in this driving mode, all 15 of the active and passive safety systems equipped in the vehicle are activated.
- Display-mirror: rear-view mirror that uses a rear camera for better vision, eliminating blind spots.
- Black box: it records data and images while driving and sends them to a selected Smartphone in the event of an accident.
- Mentor: an app that enables parents to control the vehicle’s speed and monitor its location when their children are driving it.